Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seeing things

I was outside in the backyard taking pictures when I saw this caterpillar crawling on the ground



I have no idea what kind it is. It was pretty big too, like the size of my index finger, about 3" long. If you look closely it has these long black hairs sticking straight up out of its back in a cuple of places. It has a little black face too, but it was crawling away from me when I took the picture. I presume it will turn into a butterfly at some point, but isn't it late in the season for such things?


Then early one morning I pulled some tissue off of the roll and it came out twisted in this shape:




It kind of looks like a penguin, or an angel, or something. I'm always seeing things that look like something else. What do you think it looks like?

No comments: