Thursday, July 8, 2010

Eggplant skyscraper

Tonight I was making roasted eggplant wraps for dinner. I cut up a large eggplant and stacked the pieces side by side, one on top of the other, just to save room on the counter. I really wasn't paying attention to how it looked until I just glanced at it and said, "Hey, this looks like a sculpture." So I got the camera and took a couple of pictures, before I grilled them up:







They tasted great after I grilled them. Sweet and tender.

In case you're wondering: you grill some eggplant, onion, red pepper, all sprayed with oil so they don't stick to the grill. On a wrap you slather on some spicy brown mustard, sprinkle some minced garlic, add a little italian herbs and spices, pinch of salt, dash of pepper, some extra garlic powder (if desired), some tomato (I left off the tomato tonight), and some pickle chips (which I tried for the first time in the wrap and they tasted great, but pat them dry before adding them). You may want to add some shredded cheddar, but I didn't. I got this recipe several years back on some recipe website, and just embellished it with my own tastes.

No comments: