Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snowflakes in the air...

Here is a snowflake that I knitted from a pattern that I got from http://loomlady.blogspot.com/search?q=snowflake (the 11/7/07 post):

I thought it would be a lot harder to do, but I followed the instructions carefully and I really like the results! I used a piece of paper to keep track of the number of stitches I was doing while I created it. I used the Bernat Baby yarn, which I think is a little too delicate for the snowflake. I will try it again using a regular white yarn. It only took me 1.5 hours to make (since I was being so careful to follow the directions) but it got faster at the end as I got more used to the kind of stitches I was doing. It measures 3.5 inches across. The directions said to use fabric stiffener to finish it off, but I haven't done that yet and am deciding whether or not I will do that step. Probably on the next one (or the next few ones). I never thought you could create something like this on a loom!

No comments: